Technically, there are two types of security systems – physical and cyber security. However, the physical security of an organization greatly depends on modern IT. Physical security from SWAT Protection Services Inc., integrated and powered by cyber security helps ensure protection from theft of important assets and organizational data.
Integrated physical and cyber security stitch in time and save nine when the organizational personnel miss it.
The cost, effort, and ROI of investment in integrated physical and cyber security is several folds more than other types of security investments.
What is Physical Security Policy?
Physical security policy is the fundamental outline of your basic, advanced, and overlapped security areas. The process of physical security revolves around various goals including protecting assets, protecting data, communication and employee surveillance, workspace monitoring, and more.
The purpose of physical security policy is divided into three goal-oriented steps.
- Protecting the organization, personnel, and organizational assets and data from theft, crime, and foreign invasion
- Monitoring the workspace and employees
- Keeping records of unusual activities with the help of modern devices like CCTV Cameras, access control gates, and tracking employee emails and phones
Essentials of a Physical Security Policy
- A security policy must adhere to the rules and techniques of Enterprise Information Security Architecture.
- The policy should describe the key problem areas including vulnerable targets and targets of unauthorized entrance
- List of physical entry controls
- List of restricted areas (Some organizations include map of the surveillance rooms and high security rooms. It is generally not recommended as the security papers are distributed among all employees and may be leaked intentionally)
- List of power supply units and buttons and their controlling authorities
- Rules and laws against removal of any data or asset from the organization
- Rules for multicultural organizations and action policy against stereotypical or any other type of violence in the organization
- List of illegal weapons, tools and lethal equipments that are restricted to bring inside the premises of the enterprise
- List of restricted IT equipment in the premises
How Physical Security Policy Helps Save Money?
Organizations can save thousands of dollars every year simply by crafting a physical security policy under professional supervision of a security firm such as SWAT Protection Services Inc.
Physical security policy helps establish positive market reputation, which brings cream talent. The cost-effective turnout is in the form of reduced recruitment costs, higher productivity, and more efficient employees.
A physical security policy reduces the risk of theft in a number of ways. Firstly, minimum data theft protects your intellectual properties and sustains client’s confidence in your organization. Secondly, minimum equipment theft reduces replacement costs.
This policy establishes employee confidence in your organization. Additional security builds trust among the ordinary employees and transforms them into legal employees. Again, it increases productivity and helps reduce recruitment costs.
Are You Ready?
Now that you already know the importance of a physical security policy, you are all set to launch your own customized and personal physical security policy. For guidance, support, consultancy, and physical security services, contact SWAT Protection Services Inc. Read our blog ‘How to Choose a Security Firm’ to learn more about choosing a reputed and trustworthy security firm.
Residential and commercial properties face a risk of encountering different types of threatening situations like fire, theft, intrusion, and vandalism. By hiring the services of a security company, you can not only minimize the risk but also stay prepared for any unforeseen situations.
When you choose a security company, you hand over the security responsibilities of the people, the property, and the equipment therein to that company. Therefore, it is necessary to choose a security company that is competitively capable of providing foolproof security.
Always Choose a Company with Certified Employees
Different security schools in Canada offer professional security training. In contrast, some security companies also provide in-house professional security training to their employees. For example, SWAT Protection Services Inc., offers a 40-hour training program. This training program helps you get recognized provincially. SWAT Protection Services Inc., also trains its employees regularly to ensure the following.
- They are aware of the most modern security tools.
- They are trained for individual and collective protection.
- They are aware of special security tactics for people and the tangible assets.
- They effectively communicate for understanding the client requirements as well as prepare regular security reports for updates.
SWAT Protection Services Inc., also trains its employees for Emergency Level First Aid Certification.
Ask for references
A professional security company is capable of providing security to corporate and commercial properties as well as to the residential properties. Make sure to evaluate the work history of the organization. Ask the security company to provide you references of their previous clients.
Moreover, ask your friends, family members, and colleagues about a reputable and dependable security company. Search security companies in your vicinity online.
Research, Get Quotations, and Shortlist
Find out as many security companies in your area as possible. Book appointments and visit the ones you have shortlisted. On your visit, ask questions mentioned in the last section of this guide. Make sure to take quotations from all the companies.
After completing your research, compare the quotes and services of all the researched companies and create a final list. It will now be much easier make a final decision.
The following FAQs include self-assessment and assessment of the security company.
Track Your Needs
A professional security company would always ask you the purpose of hiring a security company. Make sure to create a list of your needs including security for assets, security against foreign access, protection against natural hazards and accidental fire (commonly required in chemical industries), and more.
Ask the Organization
Following are the questions you need to ask a security company such as SWAT Protection Services Inc., on your visit.
- Can you provide me some references of your previous clients?
- How do you train your employees?
- Why should we rely on you? How are you better than other security companies?
- How much do you charge? How are your charges justified as compared to your services?
- How do we contact you during an emergency? How long does it take you to respond?
With these tips, you will be able to choose a reputable, dependable, and authentic security company to make sure that your security is in the right hands. For any questions or concerns regarding these tips or other security inquiries feel free to contact SWAT Protection Services Inc.